A new HIIT workout coming your way today! We are getting after those hills with some sprints. This quick and effective HIIT workout is going to scorch fat and get your heart pumping. The ab moves included are the ultimate way to shape a lean and sexy waistline.
Sprint It Out! HIIT Workout
Spring is in the air and that is the perfect time to start to take some workouts outside! Get some fresh air in those lungs in this fitness routine that requires no equipment. Find yourself the perfect hill and away we go!
Why Hill Sprints?
The reason for hill sprinting is that it creates less impact on the joints. It also puts you in a mechanically better position without the technical training. Most people run in a way that has become distorted due to a lifestyle of cushy shoes and sitting for hours on end. Most of modern life! Until corrected it can become a problem and create injuries for the hips, knees and low back. Therefore hills help! So have at it…
»»Hollow Body Reach
- Lay flat on the ground.
- Set into a “hollow position” in which the abs are drawn inward, the ribs are folded down and tailbone is tucked under. The abs press the lower back downward into the ground to create a slight rounding to the upper body. The arms reach overhead while still anchored into the shoulder blades and toward the hips.
- You will resemble the shape of a small boat. Scooped out and hollow in the center while rounded upward at the tips.
- Tuck the knee toward the chest and reach the hand to touch the foot. Keep the armpit engaged so that the shoulder does not round over.
- Extend back outward with the leg as you coordinate the reach of the arm back overhead.
- Tuck and Reach. Extend and Hollow.
»»Low Back Hyper with a Twist
- Lay face down with your abs pulled up and pelvis pressed into the floor. Place your hands behind the head with the finger tips touching but not interlocked.
- Squeeze your lower body from the tailbone to the feet and draw the abs in. Peel upward vertebra-by-vertebra. Control your center and do not shift left or right.
- As you reach the peak, open to the side and release the arm to tuck back toward the hip. Keep the ribs down and follow the elbow tuck with the head.
- Squeeze at the end range and return the hand to the back of the head. Lower vertebra-by-vertebra as you articulate through the small muscles of the spine.
- Raise – Twist – and – Tuck.
PRINT IT FOR LATER!
You now have the option to print out any blog posts via the print button at the bottom of the post!
Other HIIT Workouts:
How About You?
- Do you ever do HIIT workouts?
- Is it warm where you live?