Hello! I am excited to share a new recipe for Grain-free Gingersnap Bread with you today. Yesterday afternoon I worked on creating a recipe for a treat that was healthy, seasonal and quick to pull together. This bread is my new favorite baked good so I think I succeeded! It also contains minimal sugar, but is still sweet enough to qualify as a treat or dessert.
Grain-free Gingersnap Bread
For this grain-free recipe, I used a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. The other dry ingredients included several spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and Himalayan sea salt. I also used baking soda and Stevia. The Stevia allowed me to add a minimal amount of molasses while still keeping the bread sweet. If you prefer to use a more traditional sweetener I think coconut sugar would work very well here.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 Packets of Stevia
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 Pastured Raised Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- ½ Cup of Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry slowly and combine until the dry is completely folded into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8x8” baking with coconut oil. Add the mixture and even out with a with a spatula.
- Baking for 20-25 minutes or until a knife/toothpick is completely clean once it is inserted.
- Cool before cutting and then enjoy!
Question of the Day: Do you ever make your own bread?
Find me in these places!
E-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter — BikiniExp
Facebook — The Bikini Experiment
Pinterest — The Bikini Experiment
Instagram — The Bikini Experiment
YouTube — The Bikini Experiment