I spy a healthy apple dessert! You are going to be delighted by the bowl of sweet goodness that’s headed your way. Labor Day is in the past and we are moving on to all things Fall. This lovely dessert will meet your sweet tooth needs for sure. But it keeps your nutrition needs top of mind. Is this too good to be true? No way, I wouldn’t steer you wrong. For those after dinner moments where you just need a little something to be full satisfied. Let’s dash on over to the stove!
Delightful Healthy Apple Dessert
Eat Your Way Fit
It’s so important to love what you eat! My philosophy when it comes to food is that it should be healthy and include easy to follow recipes for simple meals. Simple, but tasty is what we are all about here!
This recipe will be easy to pull together on any night where you just need a little something extra before you call it quits in the kitchen. Need an easy snack? This works too!
All the foods we eat fuel our fitness to get the goals we want to see. The Fall season is a great time to reclaim your healthy routine or even start a new one!
When it comes to the Fall Season I always think of apples, pumpkin and probably football! Even though I live in a warm area the Fall scenes still make me feel connected to the season. Plus with apples and pumpkin you just can’t go wrong. There is so much variety when it comes to crisp apples too. So good!
- 1 Organic Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten-Free Granola
- ½ Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Coconut Oil Spray (for your pan)
- Spray your pan with coconut oil spray.
- Heat the pan on medium heat over the stovetop.
- In the meantime, wash and chop the apple into large pieces.
- Add the apples and top with spices.
- Sautee for approximately 5 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Transfer to a small dish and add the granola and coconut.
- Easy - peasy - serve!
Health Benefits of Apples
- Lower Cholesterol
- Keeps You Full
- Prevents Breathing Problems
- Fights colds
- May Fight Cancer
- Decrease Risk of Diabetes
Apples just rule! I know they are always one of my favorite choices when it comes to fruit in any season! You babes know I wouldn’t leave you hanging without a Fall treat to enjoy. Trust me, there will be more coming out of the Bikini Experiment Kitchen soon!
Below are the food brands I used in the healthy apple dessert from my Amazon Store:
Quick and easy kitchen essentials for healthy food preparation:
More Sweet Treats
How About You?
- What’s your favorite fall flavor?
- Are you an apple lover?